Related Research Projects
General resources on Political Parties:
- partyfacts.org: Party Facts links datasets on political parties and provides an online encyclopedia about parties and their history as recorded in social science datasets. The Manifesto Project's party codes are a core component of this project. Party Facts currently also provides links to parties of more than 14 other datasets.
- parlgov.org: The Parliaments and Governments Composition Database (ParlGov) by Holger Döring and Philip Manow provides information on election outcomes, parliaments and cabinets.
"Other" Manifesto Projects
- Euromanifesto Project: The Euromanifesto Project uses a very similar methodology to study parties' electoral programmes for the European parliamentary elections.
- Regional Manifestos Project: The Regional Manifestos Project applies the Manifesto Project's methodology to subnational elections.
Further related Datasets and Research Projects
- Chapel Hill Expert Survey (CHES): CHES provides left-right as well as issue positions of political parties based on expert judgements for a large number of countries.
- Comparative Agendas Project (CAP): CAP is another large research project that analyses the content of political text documents.
- Comparative Study of Electoral Systems (CSES): CSES focuses on harmonising national election studies providing comparable survey data (and more) for many democratic countries.